Willamette Pass Ski Area officially opened in 1941 with a handful of rope tows. Roy and Edra Temple were the ski area's first owners, followed by George Korn were the ski and operated the ski area for more than twenty-five years. The ski area was later owned by several ownership groups, each bringing new improvements to the ski area, like the Poma Lift which was installed in the mid 1950s.
1982 The ski area was purchased by the Wiper family who still owns and operates the ski area today. The family quickly modernized the ski area by installing the original Summit Lift and South Lift.
1983 The current main lodge was built, along with the Twilight triple chair.
1987 The original Summit double was replaced by two new triple lifts, Midway and Summit. The Sleepy Hollow Lift was also installed that year.
1990 First snow making system in Oregon.
1992 Willamette Pass expanded to the backside by installing the Peak 2 Lift.
2002 Willamette Pass installed the Eagle Peak Accelerator, the state's first six passenger lift, which replaced the Summit Lift.
2004 The Sleepy Hollow Lift was converted to triple.
Today Willamette Pass has five chairlifts and two surface lifts which serve 555 acres and a vertical drop of 1,563 feet.